If you are planning to immigrate, you have probably heard the name of the IELTS test! A comprehensive and valid test that tests your English language skills. This test has different sections and conditions, which we will provide explanations about in the following. So stay with us.
What is the IELTS test?
The IELTS test (IELTS) is one of the most reliable English language tests in the world, which is used to measure non-native English language skills in the four skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing. This test is produced and administered by two large educational and testing organizations in the UK, namely “Cambridge Assessment” and “British Council IELTS”.
IELTS uses 9 language proficiency bands, where band 9 indicates very high language proficiency and band 1 indicates poor language proficiency. This test is officially used in more than 140 countries of the world by universities, educational and immigration institutions as proof of language skills.
Different parts of the IELTS test
The IELTS test consists of four main sections:
· Listening: This section is related to your listening skills. In this section, you will be given 40 minutes to listen to four audio files and answer the questions related to them.
· Reading: Another part of the IELTS test is related to reading skills. In this section, you will be given 60 minutes to read the three text sections and answer the questions related to them.
· Writing: Writing is another part of the IELTS test. In this section, you will be given 60 minutes to write two writing topics with at least 250 words. The first topic is academic writing and the second topic is general writing.
· Speaking: The fourth and last section of the IELTS test is related to speaking. In this section, you will talk to an examiner and answer four speaking parts, including introducing yourself, talking about a specific topic, discussing a specific topic, and ending the interview. You will be given 11 to 14 minutes for this section.
Conditions for participating in the IELTS exam
There are no special requirements to participate in the IELTS test, anyone can register to participate in it. However, it is better to have a high level of language proficiency to take the IELTS test. Also, to take the IELTS test, you must be at least 16 years old. Due to the nature of the IELTS test, some educational institutions may also require certain requirements for enrollment in training courses.
The cost of participating in the IELTS test
The cost of participating in the IELTS exam varies depending on the venue and the type of exam. In many countries, the cost of registering for the IELTS test is around 200 to 250 dollars. The cost of taking the IELTS test in Iran is about 180 to 200 dollars. This fee is different for each test course, and if you want to participate in subsequent courses, you have to pay the relevant fee again. Also, some educational institutions offer training courses to prepare candidates for the exam, the cost of which varies according to the length of the course, the amount of educational resources and other conditions.
Tips before the IELTS test
If you want to succeed in this test, always keep the following points in mind:
· To participate in the IELTS test, you must be familiar with its format and know points such as the time allowed for each part of the test, the number of questions and how to answer them.
· To get a high score in the IELTS test, you must have enough practice and preparation. For this purpose, you can use textbooks, online learning resources and training courses.
· To know the details of registration, place and time of the test, you should visit the official website of the IELTS test.
· In different parts of the IELTS test, you may come across specialized words related to different fields. To succeed in the exam, you must be familiar with these words and try to understand them.
· To get familiar with the type of exam questions, you can use sample questions and online training materials.
· To prepare for the IELTS test, you must use valid and appropriate study materials. It is better to use the resources prepared by the official educational institutions.
In conclusion, it should be said that…
In this section, we tried to talk about the IELTS test and the important points that you should know before participating in this test.
It should be noted that we in the Homa team will help you to be one step ahead and successfully pass the exam by holding language and university exam preparation classes.
In these classes, you will be taught tips that you will definitely face during the exam! But this time the key to success is in your hands.