What is the TOEFL test? + Important points before the test As you probably know, the TOEFL test is one of the oldest and most reliable English language tests that immigrants or people who intend to study in an English-speaking country, as proof of their ability to speak and use the language. Must participate in this test or other English language tests!
In this article, you are going to review the TOEFL test, the essential points about this test and the conditions for participating in it. So stay with us until the end for more information.
What is the TOEFL test?
The TOEFL test is one of the most reliable English language tests for entering foreign universities. This test is held both face-to-face and online and is administered by the ETS (Educational Testing Service) organization.
The main purpose of this test is to check the English language level of foreign students who intend to study in American and Canadian universities. Therefore, according to this issue, the structure of the exam is such that it can evaluate the listening, reading, writing and speaking ability of the candidates.
The TOEFL test is divided into two main parts.
1. The first part of the exam includes listening, reading and writing, which is held in a 4-hour session.
2. The second part is the speaking test, which may be held in a separate session.
The total score of the TOEFL test is between 0 and 100, and each part of the test has a separate score. To enter some universities, a minimum score is specified for each part of the TOEFL test.
To prepare for the TOEFL test, you can use various resources such as textbooks, online resources, and training classes. Also, to succeed in the TOEFL test, it is very important to practice and improve your language skills.
Documents and conditions necessary to participate in the TOEFL exam
If you intend to take the TOEFL exam, you must pay attention to the following conditions:
· To register for the TOEFL exam, you must have a valid birth certificate or passport and other documents necessary to identify your identity.
· To participate in the TOEFL exam, you must pay the registration fee. The registration fee varies depending on the country and location of the exam.
· After registering for the TOEFL test, you must determine the place and time of the test. You can usually get this information through the ETS website or by contacting the test center.
· To succeed in the TOEFL exam, you must be familiar with the structure and manner of conducting the exam. Studying and practicing with training and practice resources such as TOEFL test books and online resources can help you.
· TOEFL test is designed to evaluate the language skills of candidates. Therefore, to succeed in the TOEFL test, you must have good listening, reading, writing and speaking skills. You can improve your language skills by using teaching and practice resources such as TOEFL test books and online resources.
Preparations before the TOEFL test
To prepare before the TOEFL test, you can use the following strategies:
1. Study and practice with different educational resources
Studying the TOEFL test books and practicing with educational and practice resources such as sample questions and simulation tests will help you get to know the structure of the test and how to answer the questions and improve your language skills.
2. Practicing listening, reading, writing and speaking
To prepare before the TOEFL test, you need to improve your listening, reading, writing and speaking skills. For this purpose, you can use training and practice resources such as videos, podcasts, English texts and language conversations.
3. Practice with simulation tests
Taking TOEFL simulation tests will help you get to know the structure of the test and how to answer the questions and improve your language skills through practice.
4. Review important words and phrases
Reviewing important words and phrases in English will help you do better in the TOEFL test. You can use educational and practice resources such as vocabulary books and vocabulary flash cards.
Nafas, [6/15/2023 1:58 PM]
Who usually participates in the TOEFL exam?
The TOEFL test is for people who want to be placed in universities, educational and research institutes, multinational companies and other international work and study environments in English-speaking countries and need a high-impact English language certificate.
Among the people who usually participate in the TOEFL exam, we can mention university students, professors, researchers, graduates, immigrants, and a large number of people who intend to study or work in countries such as America, Canada, Australia, and England. You should also know that the validity period of the TOEFL certificate for immigration to different countries may be different. For example, in the case of immigrating to Canada, the TOEFL certificate for immigrating through the Canadian Permanent Residency Program is valid for two years. If you cannot travel to Canada due to obstacles such as the corona virus or other cases, the validity period of your TOEFL certificate can be extended up to four years.
In other countries too, TOEFL validity period may be different. For example, in America, the TOEFL certificate is not valid for permanent immigration, but for participation in educational or work programs, its validity period is usually 2 years. In any case, it is better to get detailed information in this field before starting the immigration process or enrolling in study programs.
In conclusion, it should be said that…
In this section, we tried to talk about TOEFL and NLet’s talk about the important thing that you should know before taking this test.
It should be noted that we in the Homa team will help you to be one step ahead and successfully pass the exam by holding language and university exam preparation classes.
In these classes, you will be taught tips that you will definitely face during the exam! But this time the key to success is in your hands.